Wednesday, January 18, 2012

DIY & Ebay

So last night when I got home from work and got the mail I saw that two of my Ebay purchases had arrived before scheduled! It said since they were coming from so far away, that it could take into early February for them to get here. So it was an exciting surprise for me!

I didn't really remember to take pics at the time but I still have web and after pics for you.

First I got this bracelet/ring that I saw on this post from the awesome Vintage Virgin blog. It was from Ebay and was only $5!



Sorry it's so blurry, but you get the gist. I don't really care for the bells though and might remove them.

Also, =) ... my spikes came!

Click to check details

They are one inch in height and I immediately put them on the jacket I bought them for!

I originally showed this jacket I got from dd's in December and wanted to put the spikes on and now I finally did... I kind of wish there were more spikes but I love the way it came out. I used white balled pins to space them as I wanted and to know what I was doing as I was putting them on. Each shoulder got 10 spikes.




Here is the before and after, what do you think? =)

10 comments:

  1. that jacket is super hot! great job friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow awesome jacket! Were the spikes difficult to put on? Can they be put on shoes? :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The spikes were pretty easy to put on once I got the hang of it. And yes, they can be put on shoes too. You just need to make a little hole for the backing screw to go through and then screw the spike onto that!

      The Vintage Virgin lady has studded her own shoes here:

      http://msvintagevirgin.blogspot.com/2011/12/eddie-munster.html

      and here:

      http://msvintagevirgin.blogspot.com/2011/11/its-not-so-simple.html

      Delete
    2. Thanks!! Might have to try this out :)

      Delete
  3. The jacket looks rad and I freaking LOVE the eyeball bracelet!!!!
    I checked out the Vintage Virgin chick's blog a little. She's a trip! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks! :)
      Isn't she amaze-balls?! lol I love her "I dont give a shit" attitude.

      Delete
  4. That jacket is so awesome now! Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...