So as some of you thrifters may know... for the Dr. Martin Luther King (who I think is awesome!) holiday on Monday, Goodwill was having %50 percent off sale!! There were a couple exceptions, such as the new arrivals that weren't previously owned such as candy and things next to the register, and also pink tagged items that I believe said Jacobs on them. But those were few and far between and the whole rest of the store was 50 PERCENT OFF!! For a thrifter, that's pretty awesome.
So my mom and I made a route, we had about 10 or so on our list and scratched off a couple because they just weren't close to any of the others and would be out of the way. We ended up making it to 5 stores.
Here's how that went:
- The first store felt overwhelming and I couldn't really find anything and the things my mom did find, weren't worth waiting in the long line for. On to the next.
- Second Goodwill we hit was actually pretty good! The line was CRAZY but the items were better. My mom immediately found an XBOX for her boyfriend who had been looking for one. 50 bucks originally and 25 for us. Major steal! Then I found a pair of denim high waisted (not that high) shorts (I have been on a search to find cute denim shorts that I could wear with tights). And a cute houndstooth coat with big sleeves and a big collar for $5. My mom continued to look while I waited in line. Where I just so happened to find a really cute shift dress from The Gap with pockets!
3. The third place we went to was a by-the-pound type of Goodwill and we weren't feeling that so we were on to the next one. By this time it was getting late and we aren't sure how many more we wanted to go to. It was an all day event, I tell ya.
4. The fourth place was pretty good again. We found different stuff like kitchen supplies and such. OH! I forgot to take a picture but I got this cute square pillow with two ghosts on it that says "Boo". (Halloween is my FAVE!), But I also got a big dark blue glass just because I liked how big it was (50cents), a cat toilet brush holder, some soup bowls that I constantly use because I love the handles (50cents each), and lastly a nautical cardi (the pic looks black but the stripes are navy) for my more preppy days.
5. At this point we almost went home but were determined and decided we would try ONE more place, because this was getting exhausting! (My mom was also finding tons of good stuff!) Good thing we went to the last one because we had the most luck there! I found a sit n' spin for Rubi, a pot and a vegetable steamer for when I have my own place, a wood silverware holder for a drawer (that I forgot to take a pic of), 4 Crate and Barrel plates and 4 mini Crate and Barrel plates (2 white and 2 blue of each) (50cents each), a 12 cup mixing bowl/pourer, 3 more pairs of high waisted denim shorts (the bottom right aren't high waisted and don't fit yet, a men's black sweater-just for a thin over-sized look, a black Target dress, and some purple and black houndstooth stirrup leggings that I thought were awesome. Lastly, I got a couple boxes of my favorite incense for full price (like a buck fifty).
Thanks for viewing!